The FRF Cycling Club is all about community, camaraderie and, er, cycling. We’re a ‘roadie’ club based in New Westminster. See the Rides page for what we’re all about. Or better still, join us and come riding!
The FRF is an incorporated club and affiliated with Cycling BC so we have a formal membership structure. Some of the benefits of joining are:
- Regular organized rides and a great chance to put in more miles with some great company.
- A seasonal calendar of interesting routes and special events.
- Access to official Louis Garneau club kit (see below) at very reasonable prices, including custom caps from RedDotsCycling.
- Membership discounts at our sponsoring bike shop ‘The Original’ in Sapperton.
- A chance to enjoy post-ride beverages at our sponsoring brewery Steel & Oak in New Westminster.
- Extra love from our other sponsors Trailside Physio and El Santo.
- Access to the exclusive Members area of the website and Twitter messages group.
- With decades (and decades) of riding between us all, tap into our expert knowledge on all things ‘form’ and ‘function’.*
To join you’ll need to:
- Come out and ride with us and meet the rest of the club. Follow us on Twitter (@FRFuggitivi) or email guy[at]le-grimpeur.net for details/questions.
- Complete a waiver form, including for your first ride. Download here or see your ride leader.**
- If after a couple of rides we’re the club for you, and you’re a good fit for us, supply a few admin details and pay the 2018 membership fee ($20).
- We are a Cycling BC affiliated club, so all members are required to have a Cycling BC licence (such as the Provincial Ride licence). See here for all details.
- Enjoy membership benefits, and come out and ride some more (and pull at the front for at least two entire rides.***)
* We make no claims as to the accuracy of this advice. ** We require all members to sign a liability waiver, which is a standard requirement for most bike clubs. *** Just kidding about this part…