Cycling BC has released its ‘return to play’ guidelines for re-starting club rides under the current situation. You can access the full guidelines here.
We’ll have the following procedures in place to be consistent with these guidelines:
- Group sizes limited to 10. If there’s more than 10 riders we’ll try to have two groups.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres whenever possible, so no regular drafting.
- Limits on cafe stops and after ride activities.
- All rides will be organized on Slack and you must confirm in advance if you want to join a particular ride. This is for the sake organizing ride groups and also for tracking attendance. Please, don’t just turn up.
- Everyone should be familiar with the general guidelines as well as complete the Cycling BC declaration linked to above once everything is understood.
- If you are feeling sick, do not join a ride. The chances of any of us getting or transmitting Covid is low but certainly not impossible. And no one will appreciate you turning up to a ride if you’re unwell.
Finally, while it’ll be great to get the rides going again, there will be challenges. Everyone is finding their way here – how to get rides organized, how to manage riders on the road, and how to still have a fun, social and safe outing. We need to be cautious in how we do this and responsible in how we conduct ourselves, but also to recognize that this is a learning experience for everyone.
Stay safe and see you soon!